The basic infrastructure required for successful execution of orthopedic projects exists at Sinclair Research, where non-regulatory and GLP studies in both large and small animal models are routine. Sinclair utilizes clinical veterinarians as well as outside surgical interventionalists to support these studies. An independent expert in orthopedic models is also available for study design and protocol development and in-life study auditing on large, complex and intensive studies.
Osteoarthritis, cartilage and bone healing and repair, and osteoporosis are among the orthopedic studies offered at Sinclair Research, as well as implantable devices tested on, in, or adjacent to a variety of bone classes.
Why partner with Sinclair Research?
As one of the largest nonclinical CROs in North America, Sinclair Research’s scientific and technical expertise can provide you with the orthopedic research services you need, the data you expect, and the customer experience you deserve! Contact our team to discuss your upcoming research and meet with our scientific experts to discuss how to reach your next development milestone.
Our orthopedic research services include:
We offer several animal species as models for use in these and other protocols:
- ACL transection
- Clinical endpoints – joint fluid, gait, pain, and histology
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Trauma models
- Femur, radius, fibula, rib, or pelvis fractures
- Tibial, femoral, or ulnar osteotomy models
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Ovarioectomy- and orchidectomy-induced
- Calcium-restricted diet induced
- Joint cartilage defect and repair
- ACL rupture repair models
- Reconstruction and fixation of ligaments and tendons
- Meniscal repair
- Spinal vertebral fusion models
- Intervertebral disc models
- Critical-size long bone defect model
- Mandibular defect
- Bone drug safety and efficacy
- Intra-articular joint injection and sampling
- Bone ingrowth for joint replacement
- Axial and transcortical non-weight bearing studies
- Evaluations of bone cements, putties, and fillers
- Spine and spinal cord injury
- Ortho device safety and efficacy, osteoinduction and osteoconduction studies
- Morphometrics and biomechanical testing