Sinclair Research is proud to have assembled an exceptional combination of experience and resources for pre-clinical in-vivo evaluation of ocular therapeutics. We conduct GLP and non-GLP ophthalmic studies ranging from simple to complex design in a variety of animal models for safety, efficacy, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK), and ocular biodistribution evaluations. Whether supporting the development of ophthalmic drugs, devices, or drug-eluting devices, Sinclair is well-equipped to provide clients with required essentials, ranging from technology and facilities to board-certified consultants and ocular histopathology reports, to execute specialized, high-quality studies.
Why partner with Sinclair Research?
As one of the largest nonclinical CROs in North America, Sinclair Research’s scientific and technical expertise can provide you with the ocular research services you need, the data you expect, and the customer experience you deserve! Contact our team to discuss your upcoming research and meet with our scientific experts to discuss how to reach your next development milestone.
Our ocular research services include:
Ocular Study Services
- Ocular toxicology
- Ocular pharmacology
- Treatment efficacy
- Drug-eluting implants
- Ocular and periocular infection
- Fundus evaluation
- Vitreo-retinal surgery
- Digital imaging, anterior and posterior segments
- Ocular drug distribution
Specialized Animal Models
- Normal intra-ocular pressure (IOP) in rabbits and NHP
- Elevated IOP in rabbits, NHPs, and miniature swine
- Laser-induced glaucoma
- Miniature swine diabetic retinopathy and cataracts
- Transgenic retinal degeneration model
Ocular Routes of Administration
- Subretinal injection, including stem cells
- Drug-eluting device implantation
- Punctal plugs